- 5-Position Light Indicator
- Microphone Tilt Capabilities
AcousticMagic Voice Tracker I
The Acoustic Magic Voice Tracker is a fantastic array microphone for use in a variety of applications. In particular, the Acoustic Magic Voice Tracker is great for lectures, taking sound recordings of meetings, use with voice recognition software and in home automation. The microphone has a range of up to 30 feet and includes a noise filtering capability utilising Voice Tracker's Location Dependent Squelch technology.
The Acoustic Magic Voice Tracker will track your location as you move around the room, allowing for 180 degree movement, making it the perfect device for recording lectures or presentations. This technology will keep you free to roam around a room without needing a headset and allows you to concentrate on delivering your presentation.
Voice Tracker I Features
- Automatic electronic steering of “listening beam” to talker location
- Selectable steering limits (90 degrees and 180 degrees) for speech recognition and Meeting recording modes
- Selectable LDS to reduce annoying interference of additional talkers during speech recognition or feedback during teleconferencing
- Two stage noise reduction (spatial filtering and noise reduction processing)
- 8 element, 18 inch long array for maximum range
- 5 element “in range” light to indicate location of chosen talker and sufficiency of signal
- Microphone tilt capability to facilitate desktop, monitor top, ceiling, or wall mounting
- Power: converter from 120V AC to 6V DC included
- Position Lights
- A five-element green position light lets you know where the "listening beam" is pointing in real-time, allowing you to make sure you're getting signal from the right portions of the room.
- Noise Reduction
- Two-stage noise reduction technology helps bring the voices of main speakers to the forefront.
- Microphone Tilt Capabilities
- The Array Voice Tracker features a tilting mechanism to help with mounting on desktops, monitor-tops, ceilings, or walls
- Useful Includes
- This microphone comes with a 6' plug & play output cable and an external power supply
The Voice Tracker I has been successful in lecture/ meeting recording and conferencing applications for the following reasons:
30 ft, 360 degree pick up range
- Captures questions from the class as well as the lecturer as he moves around the room.
- Captures all the talkers around a large conferencing table.
Easy to use
- All the intelligence is inside the microphone.
- Just connect it to the computer by 3.5mm mini-stereo or USB and select the Voice Tracker I as the default microphone.
- No set up of multiple beams or multiple microphones/mixers is required
- More than 18,000 sold.
- Less than ½ of 1 percent failure rate
- Most are still running, some as long as 15 years.
- For greater coverage, Voice Trackers can be combined using 3.5mmYs or simple mixers.
- No batteries that can die out, ruining recording
Flexible mounting alternatives
- Built in ceiling/wall mount
- Or can sit on a table.
Some suggested applications for the Voice Tracker:
Meeting and lecture recording:
Because the Voice Tracker can pickup at very long range while suppressing background noise, with a 360° field of view, it's best application in terms of units sold is meeting recording, lecture capture, and courtroom recording.
Lecture capture is the most appealing since more than 360 schools use the Voice Tracker, and many are large quantity users (have bought more than 100). The Voice Tracker is recommended by most of the lecture capture such as Tegrity, Echo 360 and Panopto. See the attached sales guide to understand the several benefits the Voice Tracker offers in this application.
Courtroom and deposition recording is another good application.The Voice Tracker I is usually preferred for meeting/lecture recording because of its longer pickup range, easy ceiling mount, and lower price. The Voice Tracker II is chosen if the user wants portability, or wants to use the microphone for additional applications like distance learning or conferencing.
The attributes that make the Voice Tracker I a good choice for meeting recording make it ideal for conferencing as long as it is connected to a system that has acoustic echo cancellation (Polycom, LifeSize, etc).
Automatic Speech Recognition:
Some people can't or don't want to use headsets or handheld microphones for automatic speech recognition. Consequently, we have sold quite a few Voice Trackers to doctors, lawyers and handicapped users.
This has been a small application, but is growing. The long pickup range of the Voice Tracker facilitates command-and-control throughout an entire room.
Acoustic Magic 101 Specs