Andrea NC181-VM USB Headset
The USB interface of the Andrea NC181VM gives fantastic quality audio reproduction which is ideal for broadcast or speech recognition applications and far exceeds requirements for Voice over IP applications.
The Pro-Flex microphone boom allows for fast and easy positioning and the included wind sock prevents ‘pops’ that unshielded microphones can suffer. Fully adjustable, the NC181VM can be worn on either the left or right hand side of the head while the stainless steel adjustable headband means that you can get the right fit for you.
The single 40mm speaker provides plenty of sound depth while maintain the convenience of a free ear for answering phones or having conversations without having to remove the headset.
The Andrea NC181VM USB Headset is easily our most popular headset for use with Dragon NaturallySpeaking and Dragon Dictate and the simple plug-and-play setup means no hassles.
Andrea Communications NC-181VM USB Mono Headset offers unparalleled speech and sound clarity with the convenience of in-line volume and mute controls.The exclusive noise-canceling microphone, with a windsock that minimizes breath popping, has been awarded the coveted "6 Dragon" rating for speech accuracy by Nuance.
• Proprietary noise-canceling microphone with windsock to minimize breath popping
• Pro-flex wire microphone boom for perfect placement
• 40mm mono (monaural) speaker with deep bass sound delivers crystal clear audio
• Windsock for minimal breath popping
• Convenient in-line volume and mute controls
• Comfortable foam ear cushion
• Reversible for left or right side usage
• Stainless steel adjustable headband folds flat for storage
• Extra long 8-foot shielded cable with external USB sound card and USB plug
• Well-built and cost-effective
• Patented audio enhancement software download available for purchase from Andrea Electronics Corporation (not recommended for use with voice recognition software including Dragon): http://www.andreaelectronics.com/acl/audiocommander.html
• PC: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
• Apple: Mac OS X 10.5 and higher
• MacBook with USB-C ports require C-400 USB Type C Adapter for USB connectivity
There is also a stereo (two ear pieces, one either side) model called the Andrea NC185VM. The microphone system, audio quality and accuracy in Dragon are identical between the two but the NC185 has two earpieces, ideal for people who listen to music or find two ear-pieces more comfortable.