Olympus LS-100 Multi-Track PCM Recorder
- Superb 96kHz/24-Bit Linear PCM Recording
- Supports Linear PCM & MP3 Audio Formats
- Internal 4GB Built-In Flash Memory
- External SD Slot Memory Up to 64GB Card
- Two 90° Stereo Condenser Microphones
- Left & Right XLR / Phone Combo Inputs
- Multi-Track Recording Up to 999 Tracks
- Simultaneously Edit Up to Eight Tracks
- Voice Sync, Play Sync & Overdubbing
- Separate Audio & System Circuit Boards
The Olympus LS-100 Multi-Track PCM Recorder features high-quality 96kHz / 24-Bit Linear PCM recording, which captures every nuance of every note and syllable with a rich, resonant quality. With this level of digital recording, the LS-100 gives you the ability to make truly colorful, dynamic recordings almost anywhere. It also supports 44.1kHz / 16-Bit Linear PCM and MP3 format as well. MP3 recording is ideal for times when convenience and quantity are more important than quality. The LS-100 is equipped with 4GB of internal Flash memory. It also offers external memory with an SD card slot that supports cards all the way up to a capacity of 64GB.
The LS-100's dual 90° directional stereo condenser microphones have a frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz, which allows them to capture a wide range of audio from the lowest audible bass frequencies to the highest audible treble frequencies. Olympus used an innovative system when designing these mics, which ensures that the entire frequency range of human hearing is captured with exceptional clarity. This design also supports a maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of up to 140dB, which means you'll be able to clearly record even the loudest live performances. Plus, the LS-100's integrated stereo condenser microphones have independent left and right recording level dials, so you'll be able to maintain optimum balance, as well as make adjustments on the fly.
Designed with pro musicians in mind, the LS-100 features 24V / 48V Phantom Power for condenser mics, ribbon mics, etc. The built-in instrumentation amplifier cuts slight noise and amplifies signals as well. This allows the use of much longer cables. Plus, with integrated left and right stereo XLR / 1/4" Phone combo jacks, it's easy to connect external mics for recording.
- High-Quality 96kHz / 24-Bit Linear PCM Recording & Two Storage Options
- The LS-100 features a fixed Linear PCM recording setting of 44.1kHz / 16-Bit. However, the recorder is capable of truly pristine 96kHz / 24-Bit Linear PCM recording, which delivers sound that's even better than what you would hear on a compact disc. Every nuance of every note and syllable is captured with a rich and resonant quality. The LS-100 gives you the ability to make truly colorful, dynamic recordings almost anywhere.
- Internal & External Storage Options that Support Up to 64GB of Memory
- The LS-100 is equipped with 4GB of internal Flash memory. It also has an SD card slot for recording directly onto memory cards. This external memory option supports SD cards all the way up to a capacity of 64GB
- 90° Directional Stereo Condenser Microphones
- With a frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz, these high-quality directional microphones capture a wide range of audio from the lowest audible bass frequencies to the highest audible treble frequencies. Olympus used an innovative mic design to ensure that the entire frequency range of human hearing would be captured with exceptional clarity.
- Stereo XLR / Phone Combo Inputs & 24V / 48V Phantom Power Supply
- Designed with pro musicians in mind, the LS-100 features 24V / 48V Phantom Power for condenser mics, ribbon mics, etc. The built-in instrumentation amplifier cuts slight noise and amplifies signals, which allows the use of much longer cables. Plus, with integrated left and right stereo XLR / 1/4" Phone combo jacks, it's easy to connect external mics for recording. This way, you're not limited to using just the built-in stereo condenser mics
- Eight Track Multi-Tracking Function
- Multi-tracking and editing is a staple of professional recording and is a technique where multiple separately-recorded sounds are mixed together to create a single stream of sound. On the LS-100, up to 999 tracks can be recorded using the fixed 44.1kHz / 16-Bit format for CD writing. Plus, up to eight tracks can be edited simultaneously
- Overdubbing Function
- Overdub recording allows you to record sound over an original sound, while still being able to keep the original sound. Overdubbing has several useful applications. It can be used by musicians to add a supplementary recorded sound to a previously recorded performance and vocalists can use it to sing harmonies with themselves. With LS-100, you'll be able to make a recording and then go back later to overdub additional parts over the original recording
Olympus LS-100 Specs
|Bit-Rate||MP3: 64 - 320 Kbps
WAV: 706 - 2304 Kbps
|Speaker Size||0.79" / 20 mm|
|Power Output||430 mW|
|Display Size/Type||2" LCD Backlit|
|Indicators||Power, Low Battery, Recording, Voice Volume, Peak|
|Voice E-Mail Function||No|
|On Screen Clock||Yes|