Olympus AS-2400 Digital Transcription Kit
- Compatible with all Olympus digital recorders (DS, DM, WS, LS, VN)
- Three position foot pedal control (USB and Serial)
- Includes Olympus DSS Player : Transcription Module
- Both Windows PC and Apple Mac compatible
One of the most tedious, strenuous and time consuming tasks in any office that deals with dictation is the transcription of that audio into text. Sure, you can use Dragon speech recognition software to transcribe high-quality dictation but what about meetings, interviews and other recordings that speech recognition can’t handle?
Well if you have ever tried to transcribe a recording without the use of a transcription kit then you know just how hard it is. The Olympus AS-2400 is a great mid-level transcription solution that includes everything you need to quickly and easily listen, control and transcribe digital recordings on your PC and Mac.
The RS-28 Foot Pedal has three customisable switches to allow you easy access to start, stop and skip functions of the DSS Player software meaning that you won’t need to jump in and out of windows or even take your hands away from the keyboard.
Proper transcription headphones can make life a lot easier too – the E102 is specifically designed for transcription use which means they are light-weight, clear and comfortable and the pack even comes with various sizes and shapes of ear foam so you can get the right fit for you.
DSS Player Transcription Module is an industry standard for digital transcription and works with all Olympus digital recorders and most other brands too. It is designed to integrate perfectly with the Olympus DS series of Professional Dictaphones and makes managing and monitoring your files and transcriptions a breeze.
Even if you do use Dragon speech recognition, the use of a transcription kit can make third party corrections so much easier by giving quick access to the playback controls.
- Compatible Audio Formats
- The AS-2400 kit plays DSS, DSS Pro, WMA, MP3 and WAV/AIFF audio formats in the background while a word processing program or other application runs
- Can transcribe by combining playback sound, adjustable playback speed, tone control, and noise cancellation for a more fine tuned experience
- Foot Switch Control
- The footpedal enables you to control playback while keeping your hands on the keyboard
- Voice Recognition
- Using the optional Dragon NaturallySpeaking (8.0 and later preferred) program you can enable the voice recognition feature
- Software Updates
- Automatic software updates are available through the Internet for Windows users
- Two different modes/views are available for the Transcribe bar for Windows users
Olympus AS-2400 Specs
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (Home, Professional), Vista (Home Basic, Premium, Business, Enterprise, Ultimate)
CPU: Windows 2000/XP: Intel Pentium III 500MHz processor or more, Vista: Intel Pentium III 800MHz processor more
Mac OS X 10.3.9-10.5
IN THE BOX:
- Olympus DSS Player Standard (Transcription Module)
- RS28 Foot Pedal Control (USB and Serial Port connectors)
- E103 Stereo Transcription Headset (+ Extra Foam Pieces)