Differences between Dragon 12 Home, Premium and Professional
- Basic dictation for those wanting to try dragon
- Short term usage
- Less than an hour a day
- But Premium 12 is a better entry point for Dragon 12 – especially if you are a student or academic
- As there is no Student/Academic Home so the Premium is a much better option – much more powerful for a minimal extra cost
Consider Premium 12 over Home:
- Home does not work (have commands) in Excel or PowerPoint
- Cannot import/export vocabularies or users. No effective backup of user training.
- Does not playback your speech
- Cannot create multiple dictation sources when creating a vocabulary. So you can’t have a usb mic user and a wireless or desktop mic and then share vocabulary/user
- Has a smaller vocabulary so is not as accurate as other editions
- Cannot be upgraded whenever the next version arrives (a few years away) - you have to buy a full version again - you can Upgrade Premium/Professional 12
- No digital Recorder support - cannot transcribe recordings
- No Bluetooth audio model – very poor accuracy with
wireless as a result
- Cannot create basic voice short cuts for repetitive tasks – “insert signature etc”
- Great for most business and educational users – a lot more powerful, many more features and more accurate than Home and very affordable.
- Full digital voice recorder support and support for wireless Bluetooth.
- Works with Microsoft office applications including Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook
- Works with Open Office and Mozilla Thunderbird email
- Support multiple audio input sources – so you can have the one user/vocab for usb mic and digital recorder etc
- Dragon Voice Shortcuts™ collapse common tasks into direct voice commands.
- Export users and vocabularies – backup training and vocabulary and export to new computer.
Consider Professional 12 over Premium 12
- Cannot create custom powerful windows voice commands
- No Enterprise profile management with user profiles centralized on the network
- Cannot save audio with dictation so you cannot correct later or hand off dictation to 3rd party for corrections – only professional does this
- Smaller vocabulary – Premium is less powerful and not as accurate as professional
- Cannot add custom vocabularies later like medical and legal ( once available
Maximum Accuracy and Performance:
- All the features of home and Premium 12 plus a larger vocabulary and more powerful features
- Create or import sophisticated and powerful voice commands (with or without VBA-style scripting) to automate routine tasks - control your applications by voice
- Enterprise profile management with user profiles centralized on the network; remote management of word lists - manage users over the network
- Includes option to save synchronized audio from dictation done in DragonPad, Word, WordPerfect and OpenOffice Writer (Dragon saves a .dra file along with the transcribed text file); includes Auto-Transcribe Folder Agent
- Have audio corrected and transcr#mce_temp_url#ibed later by a 3rd party
- Largest vocabulary that will support future custom vocabularies like Medical and Legal terminology – this give the user maximum accuracy when using a sophisticated vocabulary
Consider the USB microphone package option: There’s little point getting the most powerful and accurate speech recognition software available today only to then lose accuracy through low quality audio input – the included mic is only a very basic starting point and will not delivery the full capabilities of the program – only one of our approved USB headset microphones will.
EBay software Warning: most of them are pirated. Meaning it will not work – or if it does only for a short time.We get daily calls from Ebay customers who have inadvertently bought pirated software and it no longer functions -
Buy from Australia's Gold Certified Nuance distributor with confidence and support
- Overseas versions: Most are not Australian accent versions (all of ours are) and you will not receive support and backup. Once you allow for freight and GST our prices are on parity or we are cheaper than the US. Overseas products are also often pirate versions.
Dragon NaturallySpeaking 12 Professional is the perfect tool for any busy professional. Recording text through talk at a rate three time faster than typing this latest edition of the Dragon NaturallySpeaking Professional software dictates your words faster and more accurately than any other speech recognition programs available while also being the most feature product in the range.
Dragon12.5* Premium USB Microphone is a deluxe digital microphone package with all the features you need for an effective speech recognition experience. Dragon Premium USB is powerful, affordable and this most recent edition of the product is now available in stock for immediate shipping.